The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) through its online platform has now made incorporation of a company easier. An individual can now register a company online with CAC, with little or no help from anyone, except for Section E in the Registration Form CAC 1.1, which requires the signature of a Legal Practitioner and attestation by a Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths.
Before incorporation, it is important to check whether the proposed name to be chosen or reserved has been registered by another individual. How to check if a company is registered in Nigeria can be done through the CAC’s public search website before making any reservation.
Company registration online with CAC through its online platform involves several steps that must be adhered to strictly in getting the desired results. The steps for company registration in Nigeria include:
Registration steps for Business Names
- Check for availability of the Business Name (click here). Read more about name reservationand Reserve a new Name (click here)
- Complete pre-registration form – CAC-BNo1 (Online using Company Registration Portal)
- Pay filing fee Check the Fees for our Services here
- Steps 1-3 can be completed on the COMPANY REGISTRATION PORTAL (CRP)
- Prepare the signed scan copy of your pre-registration documents for upload as follows:
- Application form
- Filing fee receipt
- Means of identification for the proprietor (s)
- Upload the scanned documents for processing. (click here)
Note: Individual/Proprietors can register business names without the services of the legal practitioner, chartered Accountant or Chartered Secretary.
After all is done successful You can print out Certificates that can be printed directly by CAC Customers upon successful completion of Company registration on our upgraded Companies Registration Portal (CRP) that now provides for end-to-end registration.
SEE SAMPLE BELOW